Saturday 13 July 2013

Best way to say "Thank You" for a quilt

A few days ago, I posted this picture as an example of a baby quilt I made, and mentioned how I love receiving pictures of the quilt being used by its owner.

 
Look what I found in my inbox a few days later:
 
 
Looks like little Miss D. is pretty happy with her quilt! See how she makes it look much better ! 
 
Sometimes, giving a quilt is hard.  Perhaps you've worked on it for so many hours, or maybe it  has fabric you just don't want to part with.  (I really wish I had bought more of that gorgeous print...  I bought exactly what I needed - silly me - and have no scraps whatsoever).  But seeing this warms my heart and makes me glad I made - and gave - this quilt.
 
Do you have pictures of your quilts "in use"?  If not, do you wish you did?
 
That's it for today... there's some sewing to be done!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I have pictures of any of my quilts being used, not even the ones I have made for my sons. Hmmmm, maybe I should see if I can bribe them into posing for a photo shoot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have received a picture of one of my quilts in use once, and it really made my day! I totally agree that it is the best thank you for a quilt. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous (I would want more of that print too!) and the recipient looks so adorable using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never received a picture of anything I've made and given away in use...sure would love to, though! I agree with you about that gorgeous print fabric...more would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! I love reading all the comments and do my best to respond, (though sometimes, life gets in the way).